Chocolate Doom is under active development and aims for a roughly three month release cycle. If you're a fan you might want to keep up to date with the latest bleeding edge pre-release version from the Git repository.
 Forks and branches
Major Chocolate Doom features are developed on separate branches and merged to trunk when complete. There is a list of branches here. For now the active ones are:
- sdl2-branch - port of Chocolate Doom to SDL 2.0.
Chocolate Doom is designed to be easily forked so that people can develop their own modified versions if they wish. There is a list of forks here.
 Following development
 Windows builds
If you're a Windows user you can download prebuilt Windows binaries of the bleeding edge versions:
- Daily build of Git master.
Manually compiling Chocolate Doom is usually a straightforward, automated process. There are instructions here on the wiki for different platforms:
- Building Chocolate Doom on Mac OS X
- Building Chocolate Doom on Windows
- Building Chocolate Doom on Linux
- Building Chocolate Doom on BSD
 How to help out
There are many ways to help out the project:
- Submit a bug report if you find a problem. Feature requests are also welcome as long as they are within the scope of the project.
- If you're a programmer, you're welcome to submit patches / send pull requests.
- Contribute to the Wiki!
- If you use IRC, join #chocolate-doom and help to answer questions!