This page is intended to be a list of recommended vanilla-compatible gameplay enhancement mods with similar philosophies to Chocolate Doom.
Doom Minor Sprite Fixing Project
The Sprite Fixing Project provides minor adjustments to fix issues with some of Doom's sprites, such as:
- Fixes for single-pixel graphical errors
- Adjustment of sprite offsets to improve animation of certain monsters
- Addition of extra rotation angles for zombie monsters which were omitted from the official IWADs.
Perkristian hi-res Doom sound pack
The hi-res sound pack contains remastered versions of the Doom sound effects which have been remade at higher sampling rates (Doom's original sound effects were sampled at 11025Hz, which is considered fairly low-quality nowadays).
Roland SC-55 music packs
These downloadable music packs contain high quality recordings of Doom's music played through a Roland SC-55, the MIDI synthesizer used by Bobby Prince when composing Doom's music. Usable with Chocolate Doom's digital music packs feature.
- Website with downloads for the music packs.
EAWPATS sound font
There are a wide variety of options available for music playback with Chocolate Doom. One good option is to use Timidity, and the EAWPATS patch set makes for a good time-tested starter set.
- EAWPATS on the idgames archive.