Competition Doom (CNDOOM) is a Chocolate Doom for for Doom speedruning competition.
Do not mix COMPET-N and CNDOOM. COMPET-N is for Vanilla (doom2.exe only), while CNDOOM is for Competition Doom (cndoom.exe) client only.
- removed all limits (savegame, demo) (no more crashes)
- configurable ingame and intermission (NET games too) timer with milliseconds
- removed message box after recording demos
- show intermission screen for ExM8
- do not end game after ExM8 (Ultimate Doom movie is now possible)
- always run and novert turned on by default, show_endoom turned off, screenblocks 10, gamma 4, jobspeed 29, ...
- LMP metadata
- Windows launcher for easy recording or playback and WAD/PWAD selection
- additional command line parameters required for recording demos (-speed, -max, -nmare, -nm100s, -tyson, -pacifist, -movie)
- works on Windows 98, XP, 7, 8, MacOS and Linux
- show secret is revealed as normal message ONLY when playing demo
- stats dumping per level and total for movies (-printstats)
REMOVED in v3
- high resolution (taken from crispy branch). All credits and BIG thanks to Fabian Greffrath.
- mouse x and y sensitivity from crispy doom
- tweak delay rate when key is pressed and character rate per second
- always preload/precache sounds (not needed anymore)
- more stats on cooperative intermission screen
- metadata for coop
- client/server demo verification
- launcher: enable zip browsing + display demo descriptions + automatic game selection for av/hr/mm/mm2/re/ce based on naming
- DirectX 9.0c
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher (required only for launcher)
For Windows 9x, use -gdi command line option or change in cndoom.cfg video_driver to "windib"
All files, patches and fixes can be downloaded from here: http://doom.com.hr/cndoom/support/
Competition Doom v184.108.40.206 for Windows (updated with launcher 25.6.2015)
Competition Doom launcher v220.127.116.11 beta7 (updated 25.6.2015)
Lates builds for testing:
DO NOT USE BETA VERSION FOR DEMO RECORDING!!! IT'S UNSTABLE AND UNTESTED!
!!!DEMOS RECORDED WITH BETA VERSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED TO COMPETITION!!!
Launcher beta release
Competition Doom launcher for Windows
For testing purposes only!
Please send your suggestions and comments here for final version.
Building process for v3 was changed... TODO...
Latest GIT version
Get the latest version from Git:
git clone https://github.com/fx02/cndoom.git
To keep up to date, periodically run these command to update your source:
Help and contact
If you are interested in Competition Doom and want to help with coding or have ideas and comments, please contact us at email@example.com.
Report bugs/issues on github https://github.com/fx02/cndoom.git.