chocpkg is Chocolate Doom's build system which will be used for all Chocolate Doom builds from version 3 onwards.
chocpkg is based on shell scripts and designed to be a modular replacement for the old Chocolate Doom build script. Chocolate Doom now depends on a number of different libraries for various functionality, and a system was needed that could build all of these dependencies.
- Dependency tracking and recursive installation of dependencies.
- Package groups for easy installation of optional dependencies.
- Allows detection of installed system libraries and compilation of dependencies where such libraries are missing.
- Multiple ways of fetching and building packages; packages based on autotools and pkg-config are the easiest to build.
- Support for cross-compilation.
cd chocpkg ./chocpkg install chocolate-doom
- List the names of all known packages.
- info [package]
- Display a description of the specified package, or all packages.
- install <package>
- Build and install the specified package, if not already installed.
- reinstall <package>
- Rebuild and reinstall the specified package, even if installed.
- build <package>
- Fetch and build the specified package, but do not install it.
- fetch <package>
- Download the specified package but do not build it.
- chocpkg on Github.