Chocolate Doom is under active development and aims for a roughly three month release cycle. If you're a fan you might want to keep up to date with the latest bleeding edge pre-release version from the Git repository.
Forks and branchesEdit
Major Chocolate Doom features are developed on separate branches and merged to trunk when complete. There is a list of branches here. For now the active ones are:
- vanilla-net - Branch adding back support for the vanilla networking protocols.
Chocolate Doom is designed to be easily forked so that people can develop their own modified versions if they wish. There is a list of forks here.
If you're a Windows user you can download prebuilt Windows binaries of the bleeding edge versions:
- Daily build of Git master.
Manually compiling Chocolate Doom is usually a straightforward, automated process. There are instructions here on the wiki for different platforms:
How to help outEdit
There are many ways to help out the project:
- Submit a bug report if you find a problem. Feature requests are also welcome as long as they are within the scope of the project.
- If you're a programmer, you're welcome to submit patches / send pull requests.
- Contribute to the Wiki!
- If you use IRC, join #chocolate-doom and help to answer questions!